Friday, May 11, 2007

ULTRASOUND #2

On Wednesday, May 9, I started having cramping and bleeding...of course K became convinced that she was having a miscarriage. Lots of tears ensued. D did not buy into this at all. He did later become convinced when a large mass came out of me. More tears ensued.

On Thursday, May 10, still convinced that K had miscarried the babies, we were worked in at the doctor's office for another ultrasound. This time Carmen (the ultrasound person with whom I have seen a billion times during all our treatments) was doing the ultrasound. K was unable to see the screen from her position, so she was just looking at D and Carmen's faces to determine what was going on. After what seemed like hours, Carmen flipped a switch and we could hear heartbeats. I have never experienced such overwhelming relief like I did when I heard that swishing! It turned out that K had what is called a subchorionic bleed.

Baby A was 1.95 cm and had a heartrate of 164 BPM.
Baby B was 1.92 cm and had a heartrate of 173 BPM.
Both Babies measured a little over 8 weeks old.

Dr. Dunn said he was done with us and referred us to a regular OB/GYN.

No comments: