Tuesday, July 8, 2008

DATING AND OTHER NEW STUFF

As most people know, I have always said that if I didn't have D then I would be a crazy person on on-line dating. I find it fascinating and a brilliant way to meet people - I briefly got to live vicariously through a friend who used match.com. So I am now delighted to say that I have joined the on-line match making...of course I am trying to "mom date" and not look for a new mate (thanks Kathryn for the fun, yet accurate, term). I randomly met a gal at the library last week and we had our first lunch on Monday. Very fun and it seems like there is potential for friend there - I don't want to jinx it by saying much more. I have also joined two meet up groups for stay at home moms and have some up coming "play dates" with them. Fingers crossed that I will meet someone nice who needs a friend....as an aside there are also several ladies on my street who seem very nice, but for some reason they seem much older than me (thus my usage of the term ladies). However, I plan to pursue them as well. Hopefully I will have more to report soon.


Brooke celebrated her independence day by sleeping on her tummy for the first time ever...this is major progress!

Audrey is showing off her newest hair-do. She is our little wild child!


Over the past few months the girls have started becoming more aware of each other. They have certainly been aware enough of the other to steal toys. Recently, they seem to look over at each other during breakfast as if to check if the other is still there...can't tell yet if they are actually hoping to see an empty seat or if they are happy that their little buddy is still there. However, yesterday for the first time, the girls were entertaining each other during lunch - laughing and smiling and it was the cutest thing I have ever seen. I finally decided that I had to get this on camera about the same time that they decided that they were done.




In this video, Brooke has a first - she actually ends up maintaining possession of her toy. As you will see, this victory is certainly tempered by the whapping that she receives from Audrey.

6 comments:

Hazel said...

Hilarious! Why is it the toy held by the other twin is so much more appealing than the one in hand?

Duez said...

They are getting very big!

You are doing an awesome job with this blog. You won't regret it. I have such an awesome time looking back at the posts I have made.

For instance, I have been getting in the habit each month of looking back at what we were doing the year before. Very rewarding to see how much he has grown.

Izzie and Chuck Norris' parents said...

Oh my gosh! I laughed out loud!!

Mark and Kimberly Davis said...

Soooo cute! Love the videos.

Kim

Kelsey Elliott said...

Hey Kerry!

Your girls are so adorable! It's so cute to see how they're starting to entertain each other. I'm sure there are days when it's tough taking care of two babies at the same time, but I can tell you that you'll appreciate it as they get a little older and have a built in playmate. I love reading your blog for updates on how you guys are doing, so keep posting!

Do you know if your area has a MOPS group? If you haven't already looked, you can go to www.mops.org to check. It's a great place to meet mommy friends going through the early years with their kids.

Take care!
Kelsey

Jane said...

It seems like the girls are really trying to talk. Did I hear a MMMM for mama in the video?