Saturday, April 16, 2011

Excuses

She looks so angelic!

But look what can happen when she gets mad!

I am so far behind it is ridiculous. I feel like all these cute sayings are just passing me by without being recorded. And the excuse that I have is this: exercise.

I have been very fortunate to have been blessed with good genes or fast metabolism or something because heretofore I have not exercised...really, none at all. I played soccer in middle school and that was probably the last time I was moderately in shape. In college I took one aerobics class. And seriously skipped all that I could and still get an A.

As 30 passed me by several years ago, it because apparent that those good genes and metabolism had taken me as far as it was going to. So when you combine that with the fact that I really have no legit excuse (ie the girls are now in preschool two days a week and we still pay to get our house cleaned) I started my "running" program back in Feb. I am doing the couch to 5K program - though it claims to be for couch potatoes, it clearly does not mean 20+ year couch potatoes. Nonetheless, I have been doing the program every Tues, Thurs, and Sat morning for about 8 weeks.

In theory I will be running my first 5K on May 1st. I am certain that I will not be able to run the whole thing - the hills here are brutal. If only I had started this back in flat TX.

So this is a long explanation about why I am so far behind. I have lost a big chunk of my free time to this ridiculous pursuit of fitness. Can you tell that I am still not a fan?

A bridge by our house that the girls LOVE to run across.

No comments: