Friday, April 20, 2012

Safari

There is this drive through safari thing that we have seen signs for every time we have driven to any of D's family events as it is just down 81 from us.  But it is 3 1/2 hours away which is clearly too far for a day trip.  So this time as we were driving back from Charlotte, which is only 6 hours away and practically a short drive, we finally decided to do it.  Especially since this was probably the last time we'd be driving that.

D and I loved it!  Brooke liked it..  Audrey was not a fan and spent a lot of the time hiding on the floor behind my seat.  They both may have been a little hesitant because one of our first animal encounters was a very aggressive ostrich who was basically in our car.  Picture food flying everywhere as he was pecking into a very full bucket of food while I am simultaneously yelling that we need to get him out of our car (I have a slight phobia regarding birds) while the girls are in shock with all that is going on.  Simultaneously on my side of the car we had a giant bull whose horns were dangerously close to entering our car and me yelling about how to get the food away from him.   D pretty much just started driving which made the ostrich bonk his head on our car which made me disturbed which created more drama.  So that may have had something to do with their hesitation.

Here are the pics:

 Seriously a giant set of horns! No zoom was used...he was this close to us
 Brooke petting the Alpaca

Here is where I lost the first bucket of food
Not the aggressive crazy ostrich!
D loved the zebras
The girls loved seeing the animals fight!
I love the furry little cows!
Where I lost my second bucket of food
Audrey petting the Alpaca (that's what I am calling it)
And here is where I lost our final two buckets of food!!


1 comment:

Hazel said...

Hilarious!
D, I had forgotten how much I like the zebras until I saw them right by your van.