Sunday, September 6, 2009

Smithsonian

Last weekend we took the girls into DC to the Smithsonian (this is where I was instead of my fantasy football draft, so hopefully karma will help me out with my lack-luster team!)


The girls LOVED it - it was sort of like a zoo but with all the animals easy to see. I don't know if they realized that the animals weren't real, but they certainly loved to see them. They were not as impressed with the dinosaur bones. But then the trip picked up again when we went to the butterfly house. The girls thought it was quite fun to see all of the butterflies. Though we did have one misfortune when Brooke accidentally stepped on one.

They also were quite excited to ride on the merry-go-round out on the mall. It was the first time for the girls to be on one. Audrey was less sure about the experience (read she clung to me for dear life) but our little daredevil Brooke loved it.

2 comments:

MomMom said...

Yay, for fantasy football! (was that K or D posting?) If K, then we'll have to talk more about that in person!

As for the Smithsonian, we'll have to take K there soon! Sounds like she will have fun!

We were practicing her friend names yesterday and she can now say both Brooke and Audrey. Yay! The way she says Audrey is really cute!

jnhc99 said...

Fabulous to live close to such awesome education opps! I'm sure the Houston museum district is nice too, but I haven't been in years...ought to go though!