Sunday, November 8, 2009

Zoo

The weather was so super this weekend that we decided to make another trip to the zoo. It was a huge success...especially since we try to only go to exhibits where the animals are clearly visible (the girls do not enjoy you pointing to the back corner and explaining that there is an animal laying down there.)


We went into the big monkey house and had great luck. First the orangutans where in there and were hilarious - two of them kept playing under a blanket which the girls thought was very funny. They also came up very close to the glass, which Audrey did not particularly enjoy.

Then as we were getting ready to leave, we stopped at the gorillas. There was one in the back and we stopped to look at it, when they must have herded all the others in from outside. I have never been that close to a giant silver back in my life. Again Audrey was a bit apprehensive (but in her defense I saw several grown men jump back when the gorilla was running toward the window ledge)


My little monkeys...I swear I did not teach them to do this!

2 comments:

Hazel said...

Monkey see, monkey do.

KD said...

Hilarious! I bet they taught each other! Cute!