Friday, November 12, 2010

We are THREE


Today is the girls' birthday and they are 3!! It seems unbelievable to me that they have been here for three years already, but then it also seems unbelievable to me that there ever was a time when they weren't here. And when I look at them now, they are clearly little girls and not even toddlers. I am so happy to be their mom and I am so proud of them as little people. Here are a few tidbits that I want to remember about them at this age:
  • I LOVE to hear their thoughts and conversations. One of my favorite expressions that they use is "tippy." They will look for things at the "tippy bottom" or will go to the "tippy back" of the van. It is cute to see them applying that word from tippy top/toes. An example of a cute conversation was today when they were playing on the "playpark" in our backyard this is what they were discussing:
Brooke: "Audrey, how bout I slide with cow, then Audrey slide with cow, then "Booke" slide with cow, then Audrey slide with cow. How bout that, Audrey?
Audrey: "That sound like good plan Booke"
Brooke: "OK. I go first, then you second. Here I go." (Brooke likes to be in charge - which she gets from me - and she insists on repeating things over and over - which she gets from D)
  • Audrey is so funny about getting attached to things. She finds something (like today it was her bath toy cow, which may explain the conversation above) and she gets ATTACHED in a crazy way immediately. Her intense attraction may last for a day or even up to a week, but then she finds something new (or different as there are some things that are in the rotation frequently)
  • Brooke sings all the time - she loves to sing. Even if it is just the same word over and over and over. She also is quieter than Audrey and when trying to be really sweet, talks in this teeny tiny voice.
  • They are still oddly fascinated with poop, boobs, and penises. I am sure it is a phase, but it is just hilarious. They love to watch anyone get their diaper changed, and frequently insist on playing a game where they change each others diaper (slightly embarrassing when they do this on the floor of the chick-fil-a playarea as there usually is a lot of wiping). I am sure that I am not helping the situation as I will let them actually help wipe each other after some poops (probably not gonna win mom of the year doing that - but it is SO funny). Currently they are feeding their babies (or Audrey's cow) on their boobs - and they like to lift their shirt to make sure that the baby is on the correct location. And they still like to talk about tinkling out of their "tend" penis. And will randomly discuss who does or does not have a penis (Wyatt and Pig do, Red and Princess Pea do not - from super why). Fortunately they do seem to be correct. Audrey composed a penis song and was singing it very loudly the other night at dinner. Again, I am sure it is just a phase....please let it be a phase.
  • Their vocabulary is huge - though pronunciation is still an issue. The "w" sound accounts for a number of their letters and is added into some words (eg: instead of saying "see it" it comes out "see wit") though oddly enough they use a "f" when it is a "sw" word (sfing for swing). And ch and tr are still just a "k" sound. But finally they are pretty close on pronouncing Audrey's name (which is nice as people just looked at me blankly when they called her aussie) It is nice that they can use other words to explain what they are talking about when we can figure out a word. Unfortunately I have heard them say "O, dang it" a lot - clearly I say that a lot.
  • As always, I am sure there are more things, but I just can't remember them now.

1 comment:

Hazel said...

I enjoyed the "slice of life" and as always the cute pictures.