Tuesday, January 11, 2011

Pajama Day



Today is pajama day at school. Which sounds like a great idea as that eliminates one whole step in the getting ready process, but when I looked at the girls' favorite pj's it was apparent that none of them are really outside of the house appropriate....unless wearing too small, belly revealing pj's has suddenly become appropriate. Santa brought them some new footie (aka zip-ups according to Audrey) but Brooke claims that she gets "sfeaty" in them and Audrey won't wear the new ones...only her well worn old zip-ups. (as an aside at some point I am going to go back and fill in Thanksgiving and Christmas, but until then: Santa brought the girls some new panties in their stockings also and every time they go to get them out of their drawer, they jump up and down and yell excitedly that these are the panties from Santa. it is so adorable. at some point Santa may have to step up his game, but now it is cute that they love it so much!)

Back in October when it started to get cool, I bought a set of new elephant pj's from Target. The type that has two shirts and two pants and they all coordinate. I have tried no less than 15 times to convince the girls to wear these new adorable pj's. With ZERO luck. I don't know why they steadfastly refuse to wear them at all. So last night I was filled with inspiration (and possibly motivation) and I convinced the girls that the elephants on the pj's were Gerald (the elephant from the elephant and piggie books that they currently LOVE by Mo Willems...super good and I highly recommend them) That did the trick. They put on the pj's. Brooke took more convincing, but I assured her that if she wanted to change in the morning that she could do it. And conveniently this morning, she forgot.

The absurd thing about all of this is the ridiculous level of satisfaction, and I will even say pride, that I got from managing to get two three year olds to do what I wanted. I am still glowing with it! And that in summary is how you know life is never the same once you are a mom.


Totally unrelated picture: The girls looking so cute as they got ready to cheer for FSU in the game against South Carolina and Steve Spurrier.

No comments: