Thursday, September 8, 2011

Vegas Vacation

A few weekends ago, my friend Lesa and I took a girls weekend (that was extended by a day due to the Hurricane that did not hit DC at all) trip to Vegas. It was tons of fun!

D took the girls to visit his dad in South Carolina and had their own mini-vacation. All reports are that the trip went wonderful and the girls were superstars (of course!) The only glitch in the trip was that D got a ticket on the way down. Boo!

My vacation started rocky as I got confused as to which airport I was flying out of. Really, I have no excuse other than stupidity. In my mind DCA clearly stood for Dulles as that starts with the letter D and Reagan does not have any D's in it at all. (My hubby explained that DCA stands for DC area which makes much more sense now) It was not until I was at the kiosk at the WRONG airport and I could not pull up my boarding pass and the worker lady told me that my flight was out of Reagan, that I even realized something was wrong. In tears, I somehow managed to make it to the other airport in an hour and was able to make my flight. Seriously it was amazing as I was driving from 7 - 8am on the beltway on a Thursday. And my flight departed at 8:30. And I was checking my bag.

I am so far behind in my blogging, that I am shamelessly stealing from her blog to summarize our trip:

We ate some fabulous food, drank some marvelous drinks (some that acted as sledgehammers), saw a show (really hilarious), viewed the Vegas Strip from the top (in what we are going to say was a super cool club atop The Palms), lapped up some serious girl talk, reveled in lying in bed until 10am, hung out at the pool in the 100+ temps (no different for her than Texas, but considerably warmer than what I was used to), ate some more divine food and drank some more tasty adult beverages.

yzchrak6

I was in LOVE with the Nutella brioche pastry for breakfast! So yummy!

emafp99y4p8ienon

Love these pics!

im5q7qw2

I am not a big gambler, but do enjoy a little bit of cheap slots and video poker. I am so cheap that I won’t ever put in more than $5 at a time. However, I am pleased to report that to end the trip I was up by a few bucks!

o0v2ti0s

Heading out for a night on the town…which we were shocked to discover does not even start until 10:30.

hsy8tcpq

Poolside with said tasty beverages!

9pa1mkba2liiz9nx

We stayed at the Bellagio - and the fountains were still as cool as I remembered.

No comments: