Monday, January 23, 2012

First Snow of the Season


A couple of weeks ago, we were all shocked when it snowed.  The forecast called for rain all day, but apparently the temps were low enough that it came down as snow.  It started around noon and finally by 4 there was about an inch that had accumulated on the ground.  So as soon as the girls got up from their nap we headed out to do some sledding down our hill in the back yard.  The girls LOVE snow and have been very upset and confused as to how it can be winter and there not be any snow.  So I tried to explain to them that there are  lots of places (read pretty much everywhere else we have ever lived or will ever live) that don't get snow.  This explanation resulted in tears...they have recently entered into a very sensitive phase.

Here are some pics of this our first snow:


 Have I mentioned how much the LOVE the snow?  They love to roll around in it, eat it, make snowballs and through them (usually at me!), eat it, sled in it, eat it, and build snow men.  Did I mention that they like to EAT it?  Favorite activity for sure!

One inch of snow is enough for sledding!  The biggest limiting factor was the lack of sunlight as it did not accumulate until after 4pm and it is dark here by 5!

This is what it looked like at 1 pm when I went to pick them up at school.  You can barely tell, but it is snowing. 

I just think that they are so cute in all their winter gear!

My artistic shot - I always think that this looks like cotton on the bushes outside our house.  I guess that is how you know that I am truly from the south.

1 comment:

Hazel said...

I definitely thought it was cotton!