Wednesday, June 20, 2012

Random thoughts

Here are some of my thoughts about the move:

I hate new grocery stores. Why can't every store be designed exactly the same? I look totally ridiculous wandering around and since it is summer the girls are with me. Which never speeds up the process. And there are 3 grocery store options and not one of the has ALL of our usual stuff. Thus I get even more confused as I mix them up.

I love having a pool that we can walk to. We just grab our swim bag (and cooler cause it is so hot) and go. Best part of our house for sure!  It is funny though cause Brooke tells people that we have a pool in our back yard.

This small town library is killing me. I need a self-check option. And online registration for programs. The one guy who seems to run the desk is soooo (and I cannot emphasize this enough) SLOW. And the lady in charge of kids programming is awful. I hate to say it, but she seems so dumb. Which is unfortunate as the library is our main source of entertainment right now.

Which reminds me of how we have no friends that I can play with during the day. And I now remember how awful I am at small talk with strangers. And even worse at moving from chit chat to arranging an actual get together. Here's a little shout out to Laurie-thanks for the helping me meet someone.  Now I need all of you to follow her lead and send me a friend.

Love the local daiquiri shop. Where a closed container apparently means you just have not put in your straw. Nice.

So last year our family started recycling (basically so the girls would not be humiliated when they discussed recycling at school) and it was in a giant trash can. Now I have to use these tiny containers where our recycling is just out and about. The neighbors must think that all we live on are eggo waffles, coke zero, and wine.

Our appliances crack me up. Our oven is awesome and I am in love with it. It has a meat probe that attaches to the oven and shows you the temp of your meat while cooking. And when I figure out how to use the convection part of the oven it will probably be even cooler. But all our appliances are so polite. The timers are SUPER quiet. It is like they are saying "excuse me, but if it is no problem, you can come get your stuff, but only if that works for you." And our washer and dryer are quite and they don't buzz or beep, even just softly. They play a little song. A polite little song.


The girls were so excited to see that the mall had a merry-go-round.  Audrey could barely eat her lunch cause she was so excited about picking which animal she was going to ride.
The library story time - I tried to secretly take this picture to illustrate the giant bow situation we have going on here.

3 comments:

Izzie and Chuck Norris' parents said...

Must be a LA thing as I put giant bows in Evie's hair. It balances our giant head sizes. Please do not make fun of us ;)

Khrushing said...

This post cracked me up... I have the same issue on the grocery store if I ever try a new on. I feel like people are staring at my because I look lost!! Never thought about the library not having online services-that'd definitely be a pain! I'd send you a friend but she just left Lafayette to move to brazil.

redfirekat said...

I am catching up on your blogs. I love that you have polite appliances, a pool in your backyard and that cool new art-moire (armoire for art). I am fixing the bow situation. There is a package addressed to the girls on its way.