Monday, August 20, 2012

First Day of School

The girls started Pre-K at the Zachary Early Learning Center (aka ZELC) on Friday August 10.  It was just girls that first day. But other than that it was a totally normal day.  They rode the bus there and back.  They took their lunch and bought their breakfast.  And it was a totally great day!  No tears from any of us.  I may have misted up slightly after they left....but perhaps there was just something in my eye.

Audrey at 7 am.  Sadly I had to wake her up to go to school.  Even more sad, this is in our bed.  For some reason, ever since we moved Audrey seems to wake up a few times a week and she is WIDE awake.  And apparently she thinks that Mom and Dad must be much more interesting and down the stairs she tromps. Ugh.
Brooke at 7 am.  Also sad that I had to wake her up for school.
 The obligatory first day picture outside the front door.  LOVE the uniforms.  I want them to wear them for all of their schooling. Audrey is in the orange circle class and Brooke is in the yellow circle class.  Could Audrey be any cuter??


 Their bus pulling up (finally) to take them to school.  They hopped right on and barely looked back to wave to me and D.


3 comments:

jnhc99 said...

We found out S's teacher today and will meet her tomorrow night. Our big day is Monday and we are more excited now. A&B look so pretty and very excited!

Amber said...

I adore uniforms! They look adorable, and I can only hope to be so brave when Reid starts preschool.

Izzie and Chuck Norris' parents said...

Well I'm going to cry for you. I can not believe how big they are - riding the bus!! Time flies when your friends move away from you ;)