Wednesday, December 5, 2012

Countdown to Christmas: Days 1 - 5

I have had the cutest little advent house for several years and we have never done anything with it. So this year I decided that I would put (sort of) Christmas activity behind each little door.  Not to toot my own horn or anything - but the girls LOVE it.  I mean it has surpassed the excitement of Elfie.  And as I have zero memory ability anymore, I thought that I would document our 25 activities.

Day 1: Eat a Christmas treat - always a popular option with these girls (which is good as I have used this as a filler cause 25 things is hard to come up with!).  For the treat, the girls got to split a 3 pack of the new peppermint Peeps that have bottoms dipped in chocolate.  Let me say, these are THE BEST TREAT EVER!!!!  I am concerned that I am going to be a giant hoarder of these.  On the upside, they are Peeps which I assume have the shelf life of at least a decade.

Day 2: Make popcorn garland for the tree.  This was not a win at all.  They did enjoy eating the popcorn.  They each strung about 5 pieces and were done.

Day 3: Make a family video singing Christmas songs.  Huge excitement here as this combines two of their favorite activities - doing a performance and making a video.  They sang Jingle Bells and Rudolph.  Normally I would post the video here, but apparently I have used up all my storage here and am unable to upload anything.  So now I have to figure out what I am going to do - delete, create a new part 2 blog, or pay.  Hmmmm

Day 4: Make chocolate covered pretzels, complete with sprinkles. Another win.  And sadly these have already been consumed.

Day 5: Have a family dance party to Christmas music.  What's not to love about this? Lights off in the den and dancing to the twinkle of the garland and the tree. 

No comments: