Monday, May 12, 2008

SIX MONTHS

The girls are six months old today. It is their original half birthday! I love to celebrate half birthdays...my favorite half birthday memory is the card from John and Val that they cut in half for me for my half birthday! Very clever.

The girls had their doctor's appointment this morning. I was quite impressed that we all got there by 8:30 dressed and ready for the day. I was congratulating myself at how well we are all doing when I realized that I smelled poop...from them both even though they had been changed not 30 minutes before. As I dug through all the junk in my diaper bag, I realized that in fact there were no diapers in it. Clearly I was not quite as on the ball as I had thought only moments before. For those of you wondering, the nurse found me diapers.
They got 4 shots and the oral vaccine. Overall they did quite well especially considering that they were missing their nap for this. They did cry when they got the shots, but were back to calm (with a pacifier) by the time we left....and obviously they were fine later that day.
Here are their stats:
Brooke
height: 26.5 in which is the 79th %ile
weight: 18lb 15oz which is the 95th %ile ...our car seat only goes up to 22 lbs!!
head: 43cm which is the 68th %ile

Audrey
height: 25.25in which is the 33rd %ile
weight: 16lb 6oz which is the 60th %ile
head: 41.6cm which is the 26th %ile

As an update, Audrey is an official independent - once positioned - sitter. She has been sitting up all weekend. Well not literally all weekend, but I think you know what I mean. When she is sitting in front of her little stage (thanks Flemings) she can sit for up to 5, Darren says 10, minutes. Brooke has taken lessons from Audrey and is now spitting. Lovely.

And here is a little video of the girls today. Though you can't really see it, Brooke is wildly kicking her feet as if she is upright and doing the RiverDance.

No comments: