Sunday, June 29, 2008

QUEEN OF THE THRONE

This post had nothing about the girls, but I am adding it because I am super proud of myself.

Very soon after we got home from Destin, we realized that our toilet was not working. When you flushed, there really wasn't much water in bowl or running in the tank. We took the lid off and identified that no water was running into the little pipe in the middle. So we called the plumber the next day and had them come to fix it. Luckily we had bought the warranty with our house so it was only a $50 charge. Apparently the filler was broken. The guy drained the tank and put a new one in...didn't look too hard but defintely worth $50.

The very next day, K used the facilities and pulled the handle...nothing. K was super mad. Took off the lid and examined the tank. The little plastic arm that connects the flusher handle to the chain that pulls up the stopper thing had completely broken off....I hope you are all able to keep up with all the technical jargon. So call the plumber again. Turns out it will be another $50 and they can't get here for a week.

K decides that she can fix it. Goes to Home Depot and buys a new handle that looks very easy to install...no tools needed! Turns out it was the wrong one as our handle was not on the side but on an angle. Return and have to buy a much more complicated (ie not fully assembled) flusher. After quite some time (actually a lot of time...in my defense it was not like I knew what it should actually look like when it was correct and you have to get the tension just right for it to work and there is a counter built directly above the tank which totally interferes with access to the tank) I got the stupid thing to work.

I am so proud of myself!

3 comments:

Hazel said...

I'm very proud of you! It's more than I would undertake, especially with two babies. Use that savings for more baby food green beans - yum.

Izzie and Chuck Norris' parents said...

Move over Bob Villa!

Norma said...

You are the MAN. :)