Monday, October 27, 2008

RAIN

So I don't ever go out with the girls when it is raining. I haven't figured out the logistics (even though it has almost been a year) and for the most part I can always just wait until the next day to get whatever I was needing. However, today it was raining and we were in desperate need of food...we had sandwiches for dinner twice last week and frozen pizza once (sad especially since nice dinners are supposed to be a perk with a stay at home wife!). But realistically we have food that we could do something with or at the very least order take-out. Alas my limiting factor was not food but diapers. The girls were wearing their very last diapers in the house...and these I found in diaper bags that I was ransacking earlier today. So we HAD to go out in the rain. Did I mention that it was 40 degrees!?! So I put hats on the girls (so super cute I wanted to stop and take a picture but wisely chose not to) and off we went. I had planned to go to both Target and Safeway (our grocery store) but decided we were not up for 2 stops. It actually went well - the only casualty was a giant scratch on Audrey's face where she was desperately trying to get her hat off...with all her head problems who can blame her? - and by the time we finished it was just a light drizzle and had warmed up to a toasty 42 degrees!

No comments: