Sunday, November 9, 2008

PARTY!!

This past Saturday we had the girls' birthday party. I am calling it a complete success (though Brooke was a little bit of a grump for part of it...which I am attributing to teething). The weather was wonderful so we were able to sit outside which is helpful with a small house! We had the party at noon and served BBQ (which we bought from Red Hot & Blue!) and cake. Almost all of their friends up here were able to attend so we had a packed house...there were 8 kids who were all 17 months and younger roaming about and of course their parental units. Family wise, my dad was able to come up from MS and my Aunt and Uncle and pseudo-cousin were also able to come. Here is a little recap in pictures:

My dad and Brooke all ready for the party!


The girls all ready for their first taste of cake!


A picture of the cake...adorable!!...and the two little cakes for the girls.


Their first taste of cake...now they know what they have been missing!


Brooke was a bit more messy during her cake eating - she did get it in her hair and eye, but cleaned up easily.


The damage done to the cakes - they mainly just ate icing.


Random opening present pictures....Virginia obviously agrees with me as I am looking younger, thinner, and better...OK I admit this is not really me. It is our "cousin" Lisa! Audrey kept her hat on all day!

2 comments:

Ellie and Charlie Durham said...

Looks like sooo much fun! I love those little cakes with their initials on them!!! So fun!
PS- Looking forward to the race in Dec ;) My husband was a swimmer so he will be very excited about this competition!

Kelsey Elliott said...

Happy Birthday Audrey & Brooke!! I can't believe they're 1 already! A year goes by so fast with so many "firsts". Congrats to Mommy & Daddy for surviving the first year with twins!! :)