Friday, January 8, 2010

A few updates

I feel like there are tons of things that the girls are doing lately that I haven't blogged about...and since this is the only record that I am keeping I am going to try to remember stuff and jot it down here. Therefore, this will be fairly random:

  • The girls' favorite game right now is hide-n-seek. They love to go "ss-hide" and tell me to go "count". Then they switch. But when they count you had better start hiding ASAP. They only count to ten and they zip through 7,8,9,10...then they yell "not, come" (their abbreviation for ready or not, here I come). They are very cute about copying me - they will look somewhere and say "no." They also will hide in the very same spot that I was just in.
  • Audrey has her 2 bottom 2-year molars in. Brooke's first bottom one is about to pop through.
  • They are extremely polite. They love to say "thank you mommy" (or daddy) and "scuse me mommy" The excuse me one is particularly funny cause it is usually Brooke who is obsessed with step-stools. She is constantly right behind me wanting to see ("I see mommy") and wants to put her step-stool down exactly where I am standing - thus the need for "scuse me."
  • Audrey has been our little super star lately. She is always so pleasant and accomodating. One of the cutest things she does is how she loves on her stuffed animals and her baby dolls. She just gets the best smile ever (I am working on capturing this). She rarely gets in trouble. In fact, yesterday she was punishing herself. Brooke was whining and being fussy. I told her that she needed to stop or she needed to go. She chose to leave and ran to her room for a little bit to calm herself down. When she came back to play, I told her how good she was for leaving and calming down. So Audrey then starts being pretend fussy just like Brooke and then declares that she is going to "go" So off she goes to her room, where I hear her over the monitor doing pretend crying and then she ran back to the playroom. She repeated this several times....too funny!
Brooke and D doing the Seminole Chop as we ate lunch and watched the Noles win the game for good ole Bobby.

  • Brooke has been less of a star lately. She gets fussier and clingier. And unfortunately when nap time or bed time comes around she likes to declare (loudly) "no nap. PLAY" and she declares this repeatedly. Though she does still settle down and sleeps well. Brooke also gets much more concerned about me. For example, D was swinging me by my feet like he does the girls and I was not really on board with it. So I was saying something about wanting down and Brooke got all upset and demanded that I get down and she was super worried about me (adorable!). She is also funny in that she loves to press her face right up next to yours.
  • They still love to watch Elmo movies and Winnie the Pooh.
  • Their vocabulary is still expanding a lot - though it is frequently hard to understand. I totally could not get that they were asking me to "dim" the lights. (D had taught them that the day before while I was not around so I had no context). They generally will put 3-4 words together, but nothing that I would call a great sentence. Currently they cuss quite a bit. They say the F word all the time - for fork, for work, sometimes for walk, other randoms (clearly not meaning too as they have not heard that word) and it is just too funny. I took a video of them yelling it the other day cause D and I were just so cracked up about it - though we know we should not be encouraging it. They also add an h to sit and it is also super funny.
  • They love to play in their kitchen. A new favorite is to put a piece of fruit in their blender and make a smoothie. They like to feed their little people and baby dolls - and of course mommy and daddy. They LOVE their little teapot and we get lots of cups of tea.

4 comments:

Hazel said...

Thanks for catching us up!

jnhc99 said...

great post...the cussing is hysterical!!!

Amber said...

I love it when when kids fake swear! I encourage it, too, although I'm pretty sure that's really wrong.

MomMom said...

I'm glad the girls are doing well! I miss seeing you guys, but it is nice to catch up with what you are up to here!