Saturday, February 6, 2010

Epic snow of 2010

It started snowing at 9:30 on Friday morning and did not stop until about 5 pm Saturday. Fortunately it was above freezing for most of Friday so the snow did not start sticking until around 5 or 6pm. So far the snow has been lots of fun - we went out to play in it twice and D has done all of the shoveling! We shall see how long we are stuck inside to see how fun this really is. All I can say is that I am soooo glad that I bought ski bibs for the girls at the beginning of winter and got myself some boots earlier this week!

Here are some photos of our day:

It is so sad to work so hard shoveling and have it already covered again before you are through! We got around 2 feet total.





We were in the streets (at this point we had not shoveled anything and the girls weren't able to walk at all) which had been plowed during the night so the snow doesn't look that deep. Here is a video of D and Brooke falling into the snow.

Here is a video of us doing our redneck sledding - using a clear plastic storage container as our sled - down the little hill in the backyard. Both girls really liked sledding a lot! (though watching me and D pack down the snow was quite hilarious!)





2 comments:

Hazel said...

I can't get these videos to play on any computer I try. Too bad - I know they're cute!

Hazel said...

That's more like it! Redneck sledding looks like fun.