Tuesday, June 29, 2010

Pets and Privates

I will preface this post by saying that by privates, I mean penis. So if you are offended please don't read this - just look at the pictures and move on.

We seem to have adopted a pet. Last week he just showed up at our house and the girls LOVE him. They ask him if he wants to go places with us, they show him books, they constantly want to locate him. What is this pet you ask....it is a moth. That same moth from the last post is still living in our bathroom. He is quite the hit. Seriously we go look for him multiple times a day. I am not sure how much longer the little guy can hang on - what is he eating in our bathroom? I probably don't want to know - but it will be a sad day in our house when he dies...I just pray that it is not me who steps on him!


So on to the privates portion of this post. Again, feel free to skip this, but we have been so cracked up about it that I want to document it somewhere and this is my only place.

To preface this, I must admit that we are a pretty open family about being naked and talking about the body and body functions. I have always found that it is extremely difficult to know what to call different parts and we have settled on front crack, back crack, boobies, and penis. Well since we have potty trained there has been lots of discussion about these parts and their potty function. As of last week though, the girls (particularly Audrey) have been OBSESSED with the penis. I am actually going to blame this on my friend Erica's son Spencer. Ever since we visited them last week there has been nonstop talk about it (I am to blame as well as we did let the 3 of them play naked in the sprinkler in the backyard where they got to see Spencer tinkle on the grass).


What do I mean by obsessed? No lie - Brooke walks up to me and announces that she has made a penis out of playdoh which she then shows me with great pride. (I am hoping this fad passes before preschool in the fall - how embarrassing!). Frequently when we see a boy, or man, out and about,Audrey will confirm that it is a boy ("That boy mommy?) and then declare (loudly) that "he has a penis". The final, most hilarious part of this recent trend, was yesterday when Audrey declared that she has a pretend penis and that she has to push it down so that she can tinkle in the potty. All day today the girls have continued this. Again I am hoping this is just a trend that is gone by September! In the meantime it really is so funny...maybe all my laughter is one reason that they continue to discuss it!

This is an unrelated picture, but I wanted to make sure that those who skipped the reading would at least have a cute picture to look at!

6 comments:

Izzie and Chuck Norris' parents said...

Thanks for giving Eric and I a great laugh!

tsnutt said...

Hilarious! We have had several funny "name the bits and pieces" moments lately as well, must be that age.

MomMom said...

Ha! I'll have to change Ian's diaper when the girls are around. I'd love to see their reaction! :)

MomMom said...

Oh, BTW, K now runs around naked upstairs after her bath yelling, "Naked baby!" Ryan just shakes his head dumbfounded as to where this came from. I said, "Oh, she learned that from Brooke and Audrey!"

Jane said...

Once again, you have made my day! Funny! Can't wait to show John

Amber said...

I am dying here! So stinking funny! I hope Brooke does continue making penises come school time. Imagine the parent teacher conferences!