Friday, August 22, 2008

9 MONTHS OLD

We had our 9 month doctor's appointment today, so now I can officially post all of our 9 month updates. Fortunately Darren was able to come to the appointment - very useful to have an extra person to help wrangle the girls and to listen to the doctor.
Interesting....when I drop a toy it doesn't disappear...it hits the ground.

The biggest shocker of all was that the doctor told us that we needed to increase calorie consumption. We said "HUH???" Actually we did not say that out loud, just inside our heads. I thought 'Thank heavens D is here cause he would never believe me otherwise.'
Did you hear that we get to eat more??
Thank heavens cause I was wasting away. I was worried that I might have to tap into the reserves in my thighs. Disaster averted!


Our awful doctor in Houston had told us at the 6 month appointment that we needed to cut back on the amount of formula that we were giving the girls so that they did not end up gigantic sacks of lard (obviously a paraphrase.) Well apparently, D and I have overdone that as the girls have fallen off their growth charts. So now we will be increasing the formula back up to maintain their current, slightly lower, growth curve.
It is apparently exhausting to be 9 months old.

Everything else was fine. Apparently there is still no need to be worried about their limited mobility (I know you already told me that Bethany!). They did get one shot because apparently VA does them slightly different than TX. But they handled this fine.


Just don't move and maybe they won't see us.

Here are the current stats:

Brooke:
weight 20 lbs 8 oz (75th percentile)
height 29.75 in (above 95th percentile)
head 45.09 cm (75th percentile)
4 top teeth and 2 bottom teeth with an additional bottom just barely through the gums


Audrey:
weight 18 lbs (around 35th - 40th percentile)
height 28.25 in (75th percentile)
head 43.18 cm (25th percentile)
0 top teeth and 2 bottom teeth with 2 tops just barely through the gums


And here is a rather long video of Audrey and her moving. It is also quite cute to see her looking at herself in the mirror. And yes our playroom is always that messy. Please ignore my toe moving the pacifier if that disturbs you.

2 comments:

Hazel said...

The photos, videos and captions are precious - it had to be said.

Mark and Kimberly Davis said...

Cute video!