Thursday, January 8, 2009

CHRISTMAS PART 4 aka Christmas with the Mitchells

So I continue to post about Christmas....

Our final Christmas celebration in MS was with my entire extended family on my dad's side. Our family is rather small, so that totaled 12 adults and 6 kids (all under 7). The day was quite warm, but a good time was had by all. As is our tradition we dined on steak and potatoes and it was scrumptious!

As a funny side note to the end of the MS Christmases, D and I decided that on the way home from the airport we would stop for Mexican food as our meal of the day. So we ordered the girls a cheese quesadilla kids plate. The waiter brought it out on two plates and we decided that we would try using the plates rather than our usual just dump on the table method. So we were very careful the whole dinner to hold on to their plates....just to set the scene, the manager had already been to our table twice due to a small issue with my food and had ended up comping us my entree. Then at the very end, I let go for just a second, and wouldn't you know it, Audrey hoists it into the air and throws it overboard. As the plate shattered to the floor, I thought I guess now is not a good time to ask if we get the ice cream that came with the kids meal.

Here are a few pics of the cousins playing together:


and of course here are the pictures of all the kids - posed for posterity :

1 comment:

Scribe said...

I can see the plate flying through the air and the look on your face as it all happens is slow motion.