Friday, January 16, 2009

THIS AND THAT...

So this is just a rambling of things in my brain...

This morning we missed our little music class cause the van would not start!! D is going to come home early and see if we can jump it. Talk about annoying....we were all decked out in our heavy winter gear and strapped in before we tried cranking it.

It is cold here. I realize that we really aren't all that north, but it is cold. The low is supposed to be 6. That is crazy! I don't understand the Canadians...their very most southern parts are way more northern than I can handle.

Audrey got another fever this week. It seems to have broken yesterday afternoon. By last night she was back to all giggles. I think we have been sick since October. We are ready for spring!

We have finally transitioned to NO BOTTLES!! The doctor said that by our 15 mo appointment we needed to be off bottles and using sippy cups. The girls are not drinking as much as with the bottles, but we are off....now what to do with 16 bottles?

The girls are being such good little eaters...though occasionally they protest getting fed as they like to do it themselves. For the most part their dinners are the same as ours - though generally a day later. I just have not figured out how to have dinner ready at 6 pm, so I make it for me and D around 8:30 and then the girls get it the next day. My biggest food surprise was with stir-fry. I made some beef with broccoli and snow peas. I was worried the girls were going to refuse it, but they scarfed it down! Very exciting! They truly are little carnivores as they inhale their meats!

Unfortunately Theodore has made another appearance. This is gross, so readers beware. We keep a bowl of dark chocolate beside the couch. Well last week it was empty so I refilled it and we ate maybe 2 pieces. The next day after lunch, I though I would like a piece of chocolate. What a shock to discover that there were NONE left in the bowl. We found most of the chocolates hidden in our couch (EWWW!). I immediately bought more traps and we put them around the room (using chocolate and peanut butter as bait!) The next morning brought success - 2 little guys were trapped! We think that those were the only invaders as our bait chocolates left out have remained untouched.

1 comment:

Jane said...

Max wants to know if he can visit in February and take care of the mice for you!