Monday, September 27, 2010

Company Picnic

D's company picnic was this past weekend - IT WAS ROASTING!!! The car temp was seriously over 100 and it 'cooled' down to 95 on our drive home. The weather is killing me. This winter when we were under 3 feet of snow in Feb. I thought that Al Gore was pretty much insane with his whole global warming stuff. However, after a blistering summer and it is still going strong here at the END of September, I am reconsidering my position.

Rant over.

So the highlights of the company picnic, since we did not win one of the raffle baskets, were the following: eating, face painting, and playing on a giant inflatable. Here are a few pics of each activity. I will preface by saying that the face painting was incredible. The lady did each of them in less than 5 minutes. It was amazing. I helped Audrey pick out the butterfly cause I was picturing a little one on her cheek. Clearly I did not understand what was going to happen. You may not be able to tell but there is glitter on it too! And Brooke chose her own and could not be persuaded to do something else, but it turned out much cuter than I had pictured.





You had to climb up this - which Audrey flew up - and then slide down one of 3 slides. They loved it and did it over and over and over.

The slide was really fast. Unfortunately, one time Brooke toppled over and she has a pretty large carpet burn looking scrape down her nose.

1 comment:

Hazel said...

How cute the girls are with their faces painted. I've never seen such elaborate painting. It looks like it was a fun day!