Tuesday, September 21, 2010

Cox Farms

For the third year, we went to celebrate fall at Cox Farms....lots of outdoor slides, animals, and apples. Seems early to already be doing fall festival stuff, but this weekend was the preview weekend where you get a coupon for free admission for 2 people - and since the girls are now full price this seemed like a great time to go especially since D was out of town for the weekend.

So the girls and I loaded up and met up with some of our friends which is basically essential as I still get nervous taking the girls places like that by myself. (Here is a long aside. I always emphasize to the girls that they need to stay right by me so that they can be safe. I tell them that they are so cute that some one may want to snatch them up and take them. D says that perhaps this is not really to route to go with them as I may cause some psychological damage. But alas it is the strategy that I have chosen to go with. So I was reviewing this with them on the way to the festival. And I discovered that I am not causing any damage as they think that I am talking about getting "snapped by a crab" and possibly by a "kermit crab." So no harm yet!)

Here are some pics of the day - which turned out to be burning up and made it even harder to feel festive while sweating and getting sunburned!


Brooke sliding down the castle slide. They both did great sliding all by themselves!

In a pretend tractor race (L to R): Elisa, Falyn, Audrey, and Brooke. This was followed by the girls running to the finish line so that they could be the winner.

So cute how they will randomly just walk around holding hands, though occasionally one (almost always Audrey) does not want to participate


Audrey feeding a goat - this goat ate all of her food.

Brooke, in contrast, would pull her cone away. When I asked her why she replied that she wanted to make sure that everyone got some.

Tarzan Audrey!! She was great at this little rope swing.

3 comments:

MomMom said...

So much fun! I'm sorry we missed it.

Lesa said...

Could the girls get any cuter?? The answer is yes! They get cuter with every post! I cannot believe they are almost 3?!!

Izzie and Chuck Norris' parents said...

Can't wait to go again and bring Ms. Evie Sue :)