Tuesday, September 14, 2010

First Day of Preschool

Today was the first day of preschool for the girls! The morning did not go exactly as I had envisioned.

They have gotten into the habit of watching TV while I shower and get ready in the morning. Usually that takes about 40 minutes which is almost exactly the length of two of their shows. So they expect to watch 2 shows. They started watching the first one a little after 7:30 and I wanted us to leave our house by 8:45. So I knew it was a mistake when I started the second one, but I was trying to make sure the morning went smoothly.

Of course that means that we were rushing around trying to get dressed, hair done, and breakfast eaten with very little time to do it. And of course we were out of waffles and pancakes - which is basically all the girls eat for breakfast ever. So I had made a little substitute breakfast for them that I thought would work great - no such luck. Brooke was quite distressed and did not want any of it. She finally settled on some yogurt and cottage cheese for her breakfast. Not what I would select as we were already dressed to leave. But I decided to go with the flow and avoid any melt downs.

And I should probably mention here that Audrey has a cold. I woke up sick on Friday and still feel a little under the weather. And of course on Monday Audrey started coming down with the same cold. So I was worried about whether I should even take her to school or not. But I didn't want her to miss the first day, and I am not sure I could have gotten Brooke there without Audrey. The solution - Benedryl. So Audrey is really not herself this morning and I am trying desperately to make sure she doesn't look like she is sick.

We are almost ready to get out the door when Brooke spills yogurt down the front of her shirt. A lot of yogurt down the front of her shirt. There is no choice but to go change shirts QUICKLY cause it is now 8:45. So I throw another shirt on Brooke that pretty much matches her shorts and think that we are ready to go. But Audrey INSISTS that she also needs a new shirt. Which is ridiculous, but since I am trying to hurry and I really don't want any tantrums I give in and tell her to go grab a shirt to change into. No need for me to select one cause we only have one shirt that matches the skirt that she is wearing and we are for sure not changing any more than absolutely necessary.

So the girls go to school in mismatched outfits and Audrey with a runny nose. What must the teachers think!

The before school pics were not good, so hopefully we will be able to get some after school today!

No comments: