Thursday, June 2, 2011

Running Running


As previously mentioned, I did the couch to 5K program. On May 1st I did my first 5k. I was absurdly proud of myself. I managed to run the entire thing (a first) and I beat my goal of 40 minutes (my actual time was 37 min 16 sec). I have a picture of the girls that I did it with, but it is currently trapped on my phone. The girls and Darren came to cheer me on in my "Big Race." Super adorable.

A few weeks later, D had his Big Race - a half marathon down in Fredericksburg. It is part of the Marine Corps Marathon training series. So the girls and I loaded up and went with him to cheer him on (and swim in the indoor pool at the hotel). He was super fast and averaged a 7:19 pace for a total time of around 1 hour 36 minutes.

Loving on their Dad at packet pick-up and outside our hotel

A picture of D running - he is in the middle of the shot in a red shirt. This was around 12 miles.

And no road trip of ours would be complete without a meal at cracker barrel.

No comments: