Friday, March 30, 2012

Before and After

I am almost too embarrassed to post this because our house looks like a PIT in all of the before pictures. (D will be horrified that I am not too embarrassed). I wish I had a really good excuse, like maybe a tiny tornado entered our house and threw all of our belongings around.  But alas, my only excuse is that three of the four people who live here are horribly messy.  And in a tiny bit of defense, I really did not pick up a single item before taking some pictures. Like not even a little bit. And I do straighten some every night. I really do. And our house is only 1700 sq ft. And we have two 4 year olds.

So here is what our house looked like before:

 Our "adult" room - the den.  That has clearly begun to be taken over by kid.
 Playroom.  Nice that I did not even put up the TV trays where I let the girls eat their cereal sometimes.  It is a real loose ship that I am running over here.
 And now they are eating snack in the kitchen. And as an aside - I had already cleaned off the refrigerator as it is usually covered in art and pictures.
 I guess there are some counters under there somewhere.
 The girls' room
 The guest bedroom
 The office. Really no surprise that D is insisting that he have his own office in the next house.
 Our bedroom.  See I did not even try to pretend that I make up the bed everyday.


We rented a POD and put all our clutter, big toys, and non essential furniture in it.
And here is what is looks like now:

 Guest Bedroom sans a coffee table and toys
Girls' Bedroom less a giant chair and then flipped around like you might put an actual bed in case the next owners are not going to give their kids the master bedroom.
The office without a chair, easel, and lots and lots of c-r-a-p.

The Den without the TV stand, TV, coffee table, slide, games, etc,
The Playroom with a new slipcover and pillows (goodbye ridiculous plaid! why did we wait so long to cover you? as if anything could have been worse really!) and without the princess tent, trampoline, baby changing station, piano, and all the miscellaneous toys that lived here that were not confined by the shelves or giant storage box.
The kitchen with its heretofore never before seen counters.
Our room


So now I just have to keep it clean until someone buys it...oh dear!






1 comment:

Amber said...

I'm catching up on your blog, so holy cow! Congratulations on the move! Hopefully the process goes smoothly, and if not, I look forward to reading about it on the blog! :)