Wednesday, March 14, 2012

Ski Trip

Since our ski trip over Christmas was canceled due to lack of snow, we decided to reschedule for late February.  Unfortunately there still was not much snow, but we headed out anyway.  The four of us had a slopeside condo at Timberline in West Virginia in the Canaan Valley.  I selected this place cause it has the longest green slope in the east coast....and I am clearly only going to ski on the greens as I can barely make it down those. 

D did all of the blues and blacks and even the double blacks that were open - though he said that the double black was much too hard and he only did it once!  I did the greens - and for the most part did ok.  I am clearly not a natural skier as I am petrified that I am not going to be able to stop the entire way down and it is not pretty when there are icy conditions.  Brooke and Audrey also did all of the greens.  In retrospect the long one was in fact a bit too long for the girls.  Brooke is much steadier and therefore enjoys it more as she spends more of her time upright.  Audrey is less sure of herself.  I think that if skiing becomes a family tradition, she and I will hit the spas and chill in front of the fireplace!

We actually came home a day early due to poor weather - and poor D was mentally and physically exhausted from getting all of his girls down the mountain!

Here are some of the pictures from the trip

 D getting ready to take Brooke out for the first time - she is in the pink pants with purple jacket.
 Audrey getting ready for her first trip out.
 How cute are they skiing with their little harness?!
 Good first day of skiing! I love this picture of them together - it gives me a glimpse of them hanging out at as teenagers!
 In front of our condo - clearly the only snow around is man made!
Yep. I rocked it!
 
Favorite picture of Audrey from the trip!

D and the girls

 I think that D may be a little tired!

Me and D in front of the (and I am using the term very loosely) lodge

1 comment:

Hazel said...

Good update - great pics. But, Kerry, you were the skiing star of our family when you were 10. What does that say about the rest of us?