Monday, December 19, 2011

DC Photographers


This weekend we went into DC to go sightseeing, particularly at the US Botanical Garden.  They are supposed to have a cool train display and a bunch of the monuments made out of plant materials and a bunch of interesting plants.  Unfortunately we were not the only people with that same idea, so we did have to wait about 40 mins to see the trains - half of which was outside, in the cold.  The girls were super waiters, but if we went again, I think that we would skip the train section.

 Waiting in line outside - how cute are they!!


I really wanted to see all of the monuments (which was in a different section where there was no line) and was not disappointed at all.  They were amazing!  Made out of plant material (on top of a foam mold I think) The literature said that it took over 600 hours to make the US Capitol - crazy.

Audrey posing in front of the Supreme Court




In front of the real capitol and the plant capitol

 As Audrey would say - Look the really tall sky scraper!


The thing that the girls REALLY loved was walking around taking pictures of plants and flowers. A TON of pictures.  I am pretty sure they took over 80 pictures.  Which D thought was hilarious as I was trying to move them along and they just kept wanting to take pictures.  Hilarious because apparently that is how he always feels about me and my photo taking tendencies.  I will pick out a couple of the cute or artistic ones - unfortunately there are lots that are a bit blurry as they are sometimes not completely still while taking the picture.



Brooke was so cute posing Audrey by this little yellow flower!







(and as a total aside and random piece of trivia, this was my 400th post)

No comments: